Festive Fifty quiz question

Paul Webster paul@...
Tue Nov 13 18:55:15 CET 2012

With Rachael Neiman's appearance in Mastermind tomorrow we have been discussing Festive Fifties past ...
and this question came up ...

Which track in 1984, did John Peel reveal as having secured the coveted nr 51 position in 1983 Festive 50?

I answered saying that it was Cocteau Twins ('cos, as mentioned in the wiki and verified by my ears...  that is what
Peel said during the final prog in the 1983 countdown after he played the Cocteau Twins 5th chart entry (at number 5)).
However, the question poster said that the answer is Rainy Season by Howard Devoto - and he thinks Peel revealed that
info between March and May 1984 when he played the track..
I see from the wiki that Peel played it on 28th May 1984 ... and that there may well be a recording floating around.

So - does anyone have the links before and after that track was played?

Discussion about this is over on the Dandelion Radio Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/dandelionradio

Don't forget to vote this year
http://www.dandelionradio.com/festive50.htm

Paul Webster