[peel] Re: What was your most hated Peel favourite band?

apoplexia apoplexia@...
Fri May 25 14:07:35 CEST 2012

I only had a couple of years of listening to Peel "live" on BFBS while I
was living in Cologne in the late 90s, early 2000s, but there are a number
of bands that I discovered and loved (went and saw the White Stripes in a
tiny dive on the basis of just one or two songs I'd heard him play). And,
in general, he played very little stuff that I actively disliked, and in
many cases even brought me around to genres that I'd otherwise have
dismissed out of hand.

That said. The Laura Cantrell years? God, I just couldn't stand those
tedious weepy country stylings of hers, and there was definitely a period
(listening via this group mostly), where there are a lot of songs by her.
Also never really saw "Teenage Kicks" as more than an average pop song at
best.

Rich