What was your most hated Peel favourite band?

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Thu May 24 22:56:54 CEST 2012

Now this is heresy, but I have long grown tired of the Undertones.

One great single "Get Over You" (worth it for the opening bar), one
desperately overrated single "Teenage Kicks" and then a series of
singles each worse than the previous  "Jimmy Jimmy", "Here Comes the
Summer" and "You've Got My Number (Why Don't You Use It)?".

I much preferred their reincarnation as That Petrol Emotion, or the the
other Ulster punk bank Stiff Little Fingers.  A little more edge that
still sounds exciting.

But as you can barely hear a Peel tribute without someone saying Teenage
Kicks I guess I am in a minority of one. Over the years he had so many
"My favourite song of all time" that I wonder if he ever regretted
getting irreversibly tied to this one

John