[peel] Re: A new England

Mike Parker parkermike81@...
Tue May 22 21:20:36 CEST 2012

[sent twice, dont think previous one got through]                                                                                                                                                             Good to hear steve, I was beginning  to think my comments were far too contraversial
for others to have an opinion on, well at least it momentarily shook up the
group from a state of stunned silence, thanks for instigating the mild backlash ha.

________________________________
 From: so_it_goes_2512 <so_it_goes_2512@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 0:46
Subject: [peel] Re: A new England

> Ah ok ,well while i`m coming out all guns blazing i do really think the wedding present were probably the biggest mistake peel made in getting behind, did thoroughly decent bloke and mate cloud peels judgement?there awfull, just listen to mr gedge`s voice, he cant sing for toffees,that awfull whine,i just don`t get the popularity with that band. anybody else think peel got it badly wrong in championing any particular band?

Hi buddy, having seen them twice and played their stuff to death, I can't go along with you on that one, but again it's only personal opinion, as I repeatedly had to point out to those who bit my head off for negative write-ups of Melt Banana and Radiohead on Teenage Kicks. Those two would definitely be my bete noires, and while I'm at it, please add Sheena Easton, Racing Cars, the Incredible String Band and Steveless to the list of those acts John loved but which make me want to stick my head in the microwave every time he plays them.

All the best
Steve (TK)