[peel] Re: Top Gear Shows 1968 Help needed dating them,please.

DAVID TIERNEY davidtierney@...
Sun Mar 18 14:38:27 CET 2012

Family 'Second Generation Woman' 'Dim', 'Observations from a Hill' and 'How Hi the Li' were recorded for Top Gear on 11 Nov 68 and broadcast 24 Nov.

Fleetwood Mac session broadcast on 24 Nov was recorded on 27 Aug 68. I think they recorded about 13 numbers at this session that were broadcast in batches on 1 Sept, 13 October and 24 November. Numbers broadcast on 24 Nov were: 'A mind of my own', 'Crutch and cane'  'If you'd be my baby', 'Crazy for my Baby'.  Full listing for this Top Gear is on the Peel Wiki.

According to 'Marmalade Skies' website Andromeda and the Pretty Things had Top Gear sessions broadcast on 17 Nov 68.

________________________________
 From: Stuart <stuartb@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 17:17
Subject: RE: [peel] Re: Top Gear Shows 1968 Help needed dating them,please.

Ties in with the Bible at any rate….

________________________________

From:peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto: peel@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of gooner02uk
Sent: 17 March 2012 15:47
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Re: Top Gear Shows
1968 Help needed dating them,please.

Help needed dating some of the shows mentioned in a

1st Show - Is possibly from the 17/11/1968.
Sessions from
The Pretty Things - SF Sorrow,She Says Good Morning,Balloon Burning,Old Man
Going.

Andromeda - Looking For You,Return To Sanity.
Plus John plays most of the Stones "Beggars Banquet" LP.

2nd Show - Is possibly from the 24/11/1968
Sessions from;
Family - Dim,Second Generation Woman,??????,Observations From A Hill.
Fleetwood Mac - Mind Of My Own,Crutch and Cane,Without You.

More to follow.
Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.