[peel] Re: Week Ending 2012.03.15: a look back at the last 7 days

Stuart stuartb@...
Thu Mar 15 21:25:17 CET 2012

I noticed that with one of my files too!

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of RobF
Sent: 15 March 2012 15:57
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Week Ending 2012.03.15: a look back at the last 7
days

On the subject of Mediafire, I noticed yesterday that certain files in my
library had been removed. No notifications or anything - just a dead link
suggesting they may have been informed of a copyright violation. As I had
most stuff filed in corresponding folders, it was pretty obvious what had
gone because there were several folders with 0 files in.

My Peel 1983 folder is one such example of emptiness. Not sure how many
files were in there originally but I definitely shared at least one from the
400 box http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/21_December_1983 that has been removed
(mine was the first link - the full show)

On 15 March 2012 15:43, so_it_goes_2512 <so_it_goes_2512@...> wrote:

> My question was whether putting things on the mooo server is a closed shop
or can anyone have a go. It certainly seems to be the best place for stuff.

Hi Alan, did you not get the email I sent you off list? At any rate, to
answer your question, no it most certainly is not a closed shop, and I now
routinely use it for the files sent to me. Branko's your man. I only use
Mediafire when the Mooo experiences down times, which is very rarely. I use
Filezilla for the uploads, which goes like a bullet now I've removed my
firewall.

All the best
Steve (TK)