Tom In Atlanta, on the radio

Tom Joseph troche2255@...
Tue Mar 6 18:04:56 CET 2012

A wee bit off topic, yes, but let me do a one-time plug for my new weekly radio show which airs on station WMLB here in Atlanta starting tonight at 7:05 Eastern US time, midnight-oh-five for most of you. In the first set, the recent release of a new Kate Bush album gives me an excuse to play China Drum's withering cover of "Wuthering Heights" ( a Festive Fifty winner if I recall.) We go from there into Kassav, The War On Drugs, James Brown, a Van Dyke Parks television commercial,etc.

I borrowed the show title from the old BBCWS show "Anything Goes" decades ago, which was simply a romp through a vast record library. My collection of LPs/45s/78s & data only fill a walk-in closet. I'll do the show from home just like Peelie did (although I wont be live; I cut it in Garage Band and send in files in advance.) The cats at WMLB are friends and they are letting me have the hour to play pretty much whatever I want.

It'll be streaming via http://1690wmlb.com every Tuesday at 7p EST. The station is worth a listen at any hour. I suppose, and hope, you might like it.

Any requests?

Tom Roche