[peel] Re: New L Tape Upload

Stuart stuartb@...
Fri Jul 6 20:12:00 CEST 2012

Don't worry it's just the earliest batch of L tapes that are like this -
they soon settled into first generation continuous show segments.

It seems that Steve L started by recording some entire 1991 shows then
created Best Of edited highlights of these shows onto other tapes - but some
of the original complete show tapes were never recorded over. Hence the
overlap.

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of RobF
Sent: 29 June 2012 17:39
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Re: New L Tape Upload

Whilst ripping my current batch I'm getting slightly confused as the wiki is
showing some shows are already available in part and the source is also L
tapes?! And it's not just different sections - there are overlaps and
different edits of his tapes out there. God knows what was going on

Unlike the 400 box which seemed to present a lot of full shows with very few
edits, I think I'm going to have fun piecing together the most complete
versions of some of these 91/92 shows...I wish I'd started earlier (like a
year ago when I was sent the tapes!)

An example would be

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_November_1991

I just ripped a tape that has other portons of this show and yet some of the
same tracks as already showing were on a tape previously ripped by someone
else..very odd