[peel] Re: Megaupload shut down

RobF robfleay@...
Fri Jan 20 10:49:16 CET 2012

Plenty in the news about this. It’s nothing to do with the Wikipedia
self-imposed blackout, although the timing may not be a coincidence.

The problem is that sites like Megaupload have a prefectly valid legal use,
and draconian measures will only stoke the fires of unrest in the internet
community.

Did closing  Napster stop filesharing? No

Did closing Oink and Pirate Bay stop torrents? No

When will they learn?