Extensive collection of 'In Concerts'

pauliesarchive pauliesarchive@...
Sun Feb 26 01:02:55 CET 2012

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "billfromnorthwales" <bilko@...> wrote:

> Wow great stuff Paul.
>
> What 70's shows have you already digistised and can you post them anywhere?
>
> And of course if you have any Peel introduced shows then that is a real bonus.
>
> You do know about our groups In Concert Mooo folder don't you?
>
> With that and your collection, we would have a very impressive archive
>
> Bill

Hello Bill,

Yes, I've seen the concerts in the Moo Folder and it's looking like you've been VERY busy tonight! :o) Some of those I already have.

Of the one's I've transferred so far, a fair old chunk of them are  transcription disc recordings that I've acquired by means of trades down the years. Stuff like John Miles, Def Leppard, Status Quo, U2, AC-DC. A guy I used to trade with from Leicester had a great contact who could get lots of old stuff. Sadly the guy in Leicester ended up getting raided and most of his collection was destroyed - he was selling quite a bit of stuff as a sideline and that was the end result. I also have a good few of the Windsong re-issues.

I did start to collect KBFH shows too but was eventually put off by the fake cheering that they always seem to add and of course the rather annoying multiple ads for Cheerios, Greyhound Buses, Hall's Mentholyptus, Snickers and the US Army!

How would I go about getting a Folder on the Moo thingy? I could upload a few bits and at least then you could get some idea of the sound quality that I'm so fussy about!

Paul.