Groundhogs

deadearnest1 deadearnest@...
Wed Feb 15 12:50:47 CET 2012

Hi Everyone,
Ages ago someone in the group wanted the original of The Groundhogs "In Concert" so here it is. I noted that currently EMI are selling a download of a concert  broadcast purporting to be from '72 but I think that's not a single concert, judging by the tracks and the date and the running order - but anyway, this IS the original - it's from '72 - I did have an actual date but can't find it - sorry it's in two parts but my limited computer skills won't let me do it any other way.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2403287853/01_BBC_R1_In_Concert_1972.wma

https://rapidshare.com/files/722415378/02_BBC_R1_In_Concert_1972_Part_2.mp3

I've also found "In Concert" broadcasts from Darryl Way's Wolf, a Sassafras one that is different from the one Bill had, a Jack The Lad one and I think an Al Stewart and Friends from Home one if there's any interest in those.
I do have a lot of tracks recorded from the seventies broadcasts. I was different from most people at the time in that, in those wild and heady bootleg days, the Americans would really get annoyed if you wanted to trade and left the DJ in (they hated that - they just wanted the track and no chat), I always left the DJ intro and outro in - consequently I have lots of tracks - mainly session tracks -  featuring Peel (and others) doing the intro and outro to the track - unfortunately most of the tracks are released so I can't upload them for obvious copyright reasons and I'm not that sure if such minutiae is of interest anyway.
Finally, if I may - a plug - every week I do a radio show (voluntary - don't get paid) on Radio North Angus which is streamed live worldwide every Saturday via the RNA website from 12.30pm to 3pm and it's the only daytime radio show in the UK to feature purely unsigned bands, primarily from Scotland. This weekend starts a run of shows featuring interviews (this Sat the first 45 mins are with a guy from The Law previewing the new album) and it's all made up on the spot so if there's any of you who are open-minded music fans, do tune in and see if it's of interest....
Thanks.......