definitely OT: how do i?

lorcan58 lorcan58@...
Sun Feb 5 13:47:49 CET 2012

There may be a serious fault with the file allocation on your hard disc. A good starting point would be to run Microsoft's own CHKDSK utility to make sure there are no low-level problems and to fix anything it finds. This is accessible in various different ways depending on your Windows version (on Vista it's Computer->Local Disk C->right-click->Properties->Tools->Error Checking).