[peel] More SL tapes

Stuart stuartb@...
Wed Aug 29 17:35:02 CEST 2012

Thanks for all these! Though from my calculations the 5th December show is
still missing just under 40 minutes?

Next of my batch coming soon - once I rerip a troublesome track

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dr
Mango
Sent: 27 August 2012 23:30
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] More SL tapes

Keen wiki watchers this week will already have spotted these changes taking
place. I've been making public the next lot of rips from my second batch of
SL tapes.

As per last time, I've attended first to the previously unshared segments of
Peel.

1. 12 December 1992

Two new segments both from L241 comprising an hour of material. These slot
in between the sections that have already been shared and thus complete the
show.

2. 14 November 1992

A short 8 minute section at the very start of the show from L239. Worth a
listen to hear Peel singing and a killer soukous track.

3. 6 November 1992

>From L242b, the first 40 minutes of the show, minus the opening track
(although I'm pretty sure I know what this was). Also, we get to hear Steve
Lowman speak...

4. 28 November 1992

Previously unshared 18 minutes from the start of the show, with handover
from Andy Kershaw. From L238b.

5. 5 December 1992

Two short sections which bookend the show - the start from L235b and the end
from L247b. This completes the show.

6. 23 May 1992

75 minutes of the show in two segments from tape L250. The material on side
a had been shared previously, but side b fills in a gap in the last hour of
the show and thus completes the recording.

The wiki has been fully updated with all the info.

All files can be found here: http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/dr_mango/SL_Tapes/

More to follow,

Dr Mango