Broken Dog and Meathook are a noisy lot (8)

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Thu Aug 16 20:19:51 CEST 2012

And I thought it was Sassafras.

Eh?

OK here we go Ted, I'll just pick up the answer from Dusty Bin to win this set of pans and a holiday for 2 in Sellafield

"In the follow up to "Wacky Races" called "Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines" Dick Dastardly frequently ripped medals off Muttley's chest as punishment for his incompetence.

This left Muttley a broken dog.

Now the first 4 letters of Muttley is m-u-t-t and this is also the first four letters of mutton, which is a meat that is often stored on hooks by, erm, meathooks.

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines were a noisy lot, with all the planes crashing and shouting of catch phrases, such as Dastardly shouting "What'd he say? What'd he say?" when Klunk explained his new invention, and Muttley's favourite cathphrase "Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!"

The first 8 characters of which are.....Sassafras"

AND THEY ALL NEVER PLAYED BADMINTON (still fuming here..)