What was your most favourite band Peel hated?

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Fri Aug 3 17:18:59 CEST 2012

Been off email for a week but felt I had to chip in -
> Fair enough i would say, we all need to be valued!!
>
> I remember there were various artists John played and then stopped
> playing after meeting them - a Scandi band is in the back of my mind
> but
> i can't remember who?
ok, I can't remember this but we didn't hear much Deep Turtle after
the 80s...

> And do you remember his disgust when a Welsh chap put in lots of
> erroneous votes for - was it Lluber Llythog (excuse the spelling) for
> the Festive Fifty?  Much grunting and tearing of paper!!

This track was 'Popeth' by Dat Blygu, I'm pretty sure. It was still in
the chart, I heard it for the first time on the broadcast and thought
it was brilliant, couldn't believe that it needed to be rigged into
the F50. Bang Bang Machine, on the other hand...

I also recall that The Damned's 'In Dulce Decorum' (sp) was banned
from the 50 due to John receiving loads of postcards, all in the same
handwriting. To be fair, that one was rubbish! (there were plenty of
perfectly good other tunes they could have picked)

Stuart

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e: editor@...