Whit Monday Show 1975-05-26

februarycallendar antoniaforestforever@...
Fri Apr 20 18:13:22 CEST 2012

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart" <stuartb@...> wrote:

> Although this Leicesterjim show has been attributed to 26th May 1975, Whit Monday that year appears to have been 19th May 1975.
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/uk/whit-monday
>
> Stuart

Maybe, but by that time the Late Spring Bank Holiday had become fixed to the last Monday in May (other than in Jubilee years when we have two holidays a week later).

However, as the change had only been recent, it was still commonplace for people to refer to the holiday as "Whit Monday" even when it officially wasn't.  So I think it would be quite natural for Peel, or anyone, in 1975 to call it a "Whit Monday" show even if it actually wasn't, if you see what I mean.

rpc