What digitising application do we use most for ripping off air tapes?

ken ken_garner@...
Fri Apr 13 11:35:25 CEST 2012

I would guess it's Audacity, though I'm a Mac-based Audio hijack/ Fission person myself. I am only asking because an editor at the journal I have written an article for surprisingly wants MORE technical detail (I did not name the software). I suppose the most common others used here for Peel show ripping and reconstruction might be ProTools, or some of those with the word "sound" in the name?
cheers!
ken