OT - In Concert and two more FRS

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Fri Sep 16 02:44:26 CEST 2011

Haze

I have noticed that the "Sight and Sound" TV audio is different to the
radio audio, and not just mono v stereo, but usually more audience in
the radio version, and also some transcription discs get a different mix
to the actual broadcast, and sometimes there is a multitrack that is
remixed, rather than the "on-the-fly" stereo mix that is used for
broadcast.

I seem to remember the Hawkwind 72 show suffered as the live mix was
used for the official release, rather than the remixed transcription
disc version that the bootleggers used which was better.

The 77 show is actualy already a remaster from 3 sources including the
CD (I have now renamed it to

"1977-11-05 BBC In Concert(Lone Star)R.mp3"

  to show a remaster)

And since we are on a Lone Star trip here are the sessions

John Peel Session 29/01/1976
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/08%20Sessions/197\
6-01-29%20Lone%20Star%20-%20John%20Peel%20Session/>

John Peel Session 15/04/1976
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/08%20Sessions/197\
6-04-15%20Lone%20Star%20-%20John%20Peel%20Session/>

Alan Freeman Session 28/02/1977
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/08%20Sessions/197\
7-02-28%20Lone%20Star%20-%20Alan%20Freeman%20Session/>

If you were wondering why Alan Freeman got the last session, it was
because it was broadcast in quadrophonic.
I rememember those experimental Saturday Show programmes but could not
imagine how to receive quadrophonic broadcasts.

Casual listeners may want to try "Bells of Berlin" and "Hypnotic Mover"

<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/07%20In%20Concert\
\