so_it_goes_2512 so_it_goes_2512@...
Mon Oct 24 17:12:35 CEST 2011

> Reading through my diary for 1999 at the weekend, I came across this strange bit of info for Wednesday 18 August 1999 - "Listened to Peel but
> it was a taped repeat of a show from 3 weeks ago." According to Ken's book, nothing out of the ordinary is mentioned. The session guests were the Flaming Lips (repeat). Any ideas what happened? Or did I imagine it?

Hi Doc, no you did not. Somebody (not me) has already noted this fact on the 1999 Wiki page, and also that the following night (the 19th) was presented by Steve Lamacq. I double-checked by counting forward to the next available show containing a Peelenium and (given the fact that 31 August was a birthday special) 01 September indeed contains the expected 1944 choice.

As to why, I noted when I was writing up the 18 August show that Peel was very tired due to eye laser surgery, so he was more than likely off sick.

Best wishes
Steve (TK)