Faust 05 June 1973

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Mon Oct 24 17:00:47 CEST 2011

Here
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/01%20John%20Peel/\
1973-06-05%20John%20Peel%20BBC%20Radio%201%20%28Faust%29.mp3>   is the 5
June 1973 Faust session with Peel introduction and outro.

Just A Second/Ask The Cleaning Woman She Knows The Subtitle/Foam Rubber

Thanks to DeadEarnest (Andy)

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Pete Conkerton <klacktoveedesteen@...>
wrote:

> ________________________________
>
> >Firstly, I just happened across The Associates "Radio 1 Sessions
> >1981-1983", which purports to include a third Peel session - dated
> >3rd Sep 1983, two tracks, "God Bless The Child" & "This Flame".
> >Since it's not listed by Ken, I'm puzzled. Can anyone shed any light?
> >

> 3-9-83 As Billy MacKenzie
> Ah, all is revealed - except the completist in me is now annoyed that
there's a missing track...
> >Secondly, something of a holy grail for me - is the 1973 Faust
> >session in circulation? I mean the Peel session listed as 05-06-73,
> >not the 01-03-73 session which is easily available...unless of
> >course they're one and the same...?
> >

> Ken in 'In Session Tonight' quotes Walters as saying about the 5-6-73
session
> "This didn't actually happen. When they turned up at the studio we
> didn't have enough plugs
> in Langham 1 for their equipment, synthesisers and stuff. Instead we
> bought in a
> tape they did for us in Germany"
>
> I'd guess your second session is either a repeat or a second part of
> a long tape
> - they weren't strong on 2 minute tracks!
>
> Ant chance of putting what you have on the 1973 session up for
> download somewhere
> It's one I Don't have
>
> martinw
>
> Tis here - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18XRUU8PÂ - taken from the
'Wumme Years' box set. Just one long track, the three sections are The
Lurcher (7.56), Kraut Rock (11.42) & Do So (2.33). Further reading on
the Faust website Â
http://faust-pages.com/records/bbcsessions.html leads me to conclude
that this is what Peel broadcast, with the sections re-named. Probably.
Incidentally, it's quite wonderful & made a significant impression on my
15-year-old mind...