[peel] Two questions...

Pete Conkerton klacktoveedesteen@...
Mon Oct 24 13:33:34 CEST 2011

________________________________

>Firstly, I just happened across The Associates "Radio 1 Sessions
>1981-1983", which purports to include a third Peel session - dated
>3rd Sep 1983, two tracks, "God Bless The Child" & "This Flame".
>Since it's not listed by Ken, I'm puzzled. Can anyone shed any light?

3-9-83 As Billy MacKenzie
Ah, all is revealed - except the completist in me is now annoyed that there's a missing track...
>Secondly, something of a holy grail for me - is the 1973 Faust
>session in circulation? I mean the Peel session listed as 05-06-73,
>not the 01-03-73 session which is easily available...unless of
>course they're one and the same...?

Ken in 'In Session Tonight' quotes Walters as saying about the 5-6-73 session
"This didn't actually happen. When they turned up at the studio we
didn't have enough plugs
in Langham 1 for their equipment, synthesisers and stuff. Instead we
bought in a
tape they did for us in Germany"

I'd guess your second session is either a repeat or a second part of
a long tape
- they weren't strong on 2 minute tracks!

Ant chance of putting what you have on the 1973 session up for
download somewhere
It's one I Don't have

martinw

Tis here - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18XRUU8P - taken from the 'Wumme Years' box set. Just one long track, the three sections are The Lurcher (7.56), Kraut Rock (11.42) & Do So (2.33). Further reading on the Faust website  http://faust-pages.com/records/bbcsessions.html leads me to conclude that this is what Peel broadcast, with the sections re-named. Probably. Incidentally, it's quite wonderful & made a significant impression on my 15-year-old mind...
Cheers aye
Pete