[peel] John Peel's Shed

John Osborne j.osborne0@...
Sat Oct 22 17:35:10 CEST 2011

Hello
,
I can help you with those details, cos it's my show. Here's brief outline:

John Peel's Shed is a show about records and radio, based on a box of
records I won in a competition in 2002 on John Peel's Radio 1 show. The show
features a few of the records in that collection, as well as me talking
about John Peel, about radio and about music. The show sold out at Edinburgh
this year, receiving five star reviews in The Independent and The Scotsman.

Radio 4 are broadcasting a half hour version of John Peel's Shed. It's being
recorded at the Radio Theatre, Broadcasting House on 8th Nov. To be aired
(provisionally) Weds 21st Dec at 11 am.

The show begins its London run at Jacksons Lane Theatre, Highgate, 25th-29th
October, 8 pm. Book tickets here  http://www.johnpeelsshed.com/
If you're a Peel fan and live in London would love you to come along, see
the show, look at the records, have a beer and hang out afterwards. In Feb
and March I am taking the show on a tour across the UK.

Here's some reviews.

*“Beautifully-written, funny and poignant… Just as John Peel’s records
changed his life this lovely, simple, beautifully executed show has enriched
ours”* –★★★★★ *The Scotsman*

*“One of the Top Ten Theatre Highlights of the Edinburgh Festival… Funny,
perceptive and charming”* – ★★★★ *The Telegraph*

*“One of the loveliest things you’ll see all year”* – ★★★★ *The Herald*

*“Genius… A comic highlight”* – *The Guardian*

John