Ian Dury and Anne Nightingale

David Quantick davidquantick@...
Sun Nov 27 16:37:39 CET 2011

Hello everyone

I'm slightly off topic here, I know, but a friend of mine is looking for an interview between Ian Dury and Anne Nightingale, mostly about Dury's lyrics. If you know where this audio may be, or indeed any similar Ian Dury material, that would be immensely helpful.

best wishes

David

________________________________
 From: Darren Giddings <darrg@colander.org>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 26 November 2011, 22:22
Subject: [peel] 13 Sept 1983

I've just uploaded an hour and a half from the above show, of which a
good quality hour already exists. I wonder what went on there, in a
sea of unrecorded shows, suddenly I and A.N.Other randomly record and
keep chunks of exactly the same show?

I haven't looked in detail at the cross-over, but a cursory glance
suggests that my tape starts about 4 minutes earlier (still not the
start of the show), includes a Dyke and the Blazes track between
Serious Drinking and the Fall, and another ten minutes or so after
Xmal Deutschland. It goes a bit wobbly at the first tape end (the
Undertones track), but such is the joy of those "5 for a pound"
cassettes you used to be able to get in garages ... I suppose I'm
lucky it still plays at all.

I've learned from previous posts and the new one can be found on
Megaupload rather than Fileserve:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7MGDF5C6 (hope it works)

Hearing Tools You Can Trust again reminded me that I have all their
sessions taped if anyone is interested? This was the show that got me
into them, and I even corresponded with them for a little while, awe-
struck teen that I was back then. Peel seemed quite into them, until
that Whistle Test feature on 'making a Peel session' which rather
unfairly portrayed them as  shambolic chancers, after which there
were no more sessions, and I don't think I even heard another of
their records played on the show, though they subsequently did two
excellent LPs, a 12" and a VHS video ....

Darrg