Peelisms ...

Darren Giddings darrg@...
Fri Nov 18 20:36:15 CET 2011

> I wonder if the one and a bit other shows you have might be in
> better quality than those already available - it would be great if
> you could find time to upload these too!

I'll do a quick comparison & let you know if it is worth it!

> Your comment about picking up Peel's speech mannerisms made me
> smile as I fell into the same trap myself; not content with this I
> also used to pinch some of his sayings, "third tiredest man in
> northern Europe" was one of my faves.

I do a monthly show for my local volunteer internet radio station
(Frome FM ... !), which I hope is a programme at least in the spirit
of Peel, but to this day I have to work quite hard not to say things
like "wing-ding", "d'ye see?", "this one fades in/starts very
quietly" &c  ...