[peel] Re: The SL Tapes: L133 and the missing first half of 1992-10-30

Stuart stuartb@...
Sat Nov 5 10:43:58 CET 2011

Yeah I'd started tracklisting last night in my sandbox, but got sleepy after
4 tracks. I've updated track details. I'd also worked out it was the Miles
Davis EP but didn't know which track.

I was doing it in the sandbox, as What I was wondering was, and I haven't
listened fully, but normally the side b of any tape did not follow on from
the side a, so L133b may be out of sequence with L174a. Once I've worked
that out, and if we have a complete show, I may do a composite

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ken
Sent: 05 November 2011 09:08
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Re: The SL Tapes: L133 and the missing first half of
1992-10-30

I know the Terry Edwards is a cover of Miles Davis/Victor Feldman's 'Seven
Steps to Heaven'. The cassette of Mr SL labels the Foreheads in a Fishtank
track as 'Yeah Baby Wow'. No idea about the Holy Swill, sorry
- k

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com <mailto:peel%40yahoogroups.com> , "steve"
<saipanda@...> wrote:

> Many thanks to Ken!
>
> Have had a go at completing the tracklisting on the wiki:
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_October_1992
>
> Anyone know the Teddy Edwards, Foreheads In A Fishtank and Unholy Swill
tracks?

> SW
>
> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com <mailto:peel%40yahoogroups.com> , "ken"
<ken_garner@> wrote:

> > I have at last found time to start on my consignment of the SL Tapes and
here's the first, L133, which in two sides/parts is the first 85 minutes or
so - minus the 11.30 news break - of Peel's show of 30 October 1992, most of
the rest of which has already been ripped and shared, I think by
Weatherman22. It was the first out of the bag at random last Sunday, and, lo
and behold, it was the one from exactly 19 years ago to the day. Not a bad
show either