[peel] Re: progress thus far [1 Attachment]

Paul Webster paul@...
Mon May 30 11:36:15 CEST 2011

"Who is Paul Ackroyd?" you may have asked yourself as this mysterious benefactor turned with more goodies - well you can find out more by tuning in to Dandelion Radio at midnight (UK) for the last outing of his May show.

In this month's Kamikaze show for Dandelion ... new album tracks fromMerzbow, Tim Hecker, Falty DL, andHype Williams, new singles from The Deeep, Arthur Boto Conley's Music Workshop, Boddika, and Burial, and classic tunes fromStereolab, J Dilla, Niney, and U Roy. On top of all of that, you can hear tunes from Florian Hecker, Braiden,Henry Thomas and Clara Rockmore, plus a few pieces from an astounding new record called Historische Aufnahmen, a collection of very old electronic recordings, including the sound of a pygmy hunting ritual from the 1930s. Seriously strange stuff ...

On the show NEXT month (June):
Three label features this month for you. First up Blackest Ever Black, so a load of street goth nonsense from the likes of Raime,Regis, and Tropic Of Cancer; then Pan Recordings, so loads of experimental gubbins from Hecker, Joseph Hammer, Keith Fullerton Whitmann, and Frieder Butzmann; and Daddy Tank Records, featuring dark electronics, shoegaze and hip hop fromPang, Hangin Freud, Social Studies and Twiggy and the K-Mesons. All dead good.
That stuff aside, though, tune in to hear brand new bits fromApplehead, Prefuse 73, Cyclo., Chrissy Murderbot, The 5.6.7.8's,Nguuni Lovers Lovers, 2562, Downliners Sekt, plus loads more, and a load of classic hits from Melt-Banana, David Jahson, Bo Diddley, The Kon Tikis, a couple of Mississippi bits, some reissues from Conrad Schnitzler and Zdenek Liska, and a very special track from Dandelion's birthday compilation ...

Paul Webster
Backroom at Dandelion Radio