[peel] Re: more tapes

paul ackroyd psackroyd@...
Sun May 29 13:01:38 CEST 2011

i'm amazed at the sheer volume of tapes i've got.  i thought i might have a
couple of hundred or something, but it's looking like i might have
near-complete years of shows for 99,00,01, plus a load of stuff from 98.
annoyingly i switched to minidisc in 2002 and a few years back something
happened and all the information 'fell off' the minidiscs.  i still have a
few up in the loft that i think are ok though, i'll get onto them in a
bit...  i have a shitload of unlabelled cassettes too, but that's another
story...  it's also interesting to see how i tried to get into taping other
shows (kershaw, hobbs, rob da bank, giles peterson, ras kwame, huw stephens,
keith cameron, john kennedy...) and just stopped after a few attempts
because they simply didn't do anywhere near as much for me as peel.  i
probably should've been out sniffing glue and drinking cheap cider as a
teenager but it seems sitting at home and taping peel gave me infinitely
more pleasure...