[peel] Re: Peel shows on VHS

Stuart stuartb@...
Thu May 19 02:29:37 CEST 2011

Glad you've made some progress!

I would just use Audacity itself to export to mp3 and flac, from the
Audacity project file. 220-260 kbps vbr is a good option to save mp3s
(option comes up when you export). The first time you use Audacity to export
to mp3  you will need to download a LAME mp3 encoder (a dll file) and let
Audacity know where it is (you will get help with this from Audacity first
time you try) this is for boring licensing conditions.

There aren't many programmes available from 1998 so you're certainly not
stepping on anyone's toes there!!

As far as uploading goes, well a 220-260 kbps mp3 file of 2 hours will
probably come in at around 270Mb. So, you could split the file into two
halfs and upload to Mediafire (their file size limit is 200Mb) alternatively
see if Branko on the Peel Newsgroup has any space left on his Mooo server
and ask for an account.

Mediafire is good, as uploads and downloads are fast and less troublesome
than Rapidfire or Megaupload, and there is no limit on the number of files
or total space used.

Stuart

  _____