[peel] Re: expletive

kevin beech k.j.beech@...
Sun Mar 20 09:49:26 CET 2011

Hi all,
There is the famous john Walters quote of peel phoning up and saying "we had 10 f**ks and a s**t tonight" Walters replied with sounds like a good night to me!!

kev.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: So It Goes 2512
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:40 PM
  Subject: [peel] Re: expletive

  Hi Alan

  This has the smack of urban legend. If John had started to play anything that contained more than an occasional oath (and he even did this with Burning Love Jumpsuit in 2002, only ever playing half of the track), he would have taken it off immediately with a spluttered apology.
  Moreover, the move to 11 pm did not happen until the end of September 1990 and was not preceded by John being taken off the air. There are other DJs who could be candidates as subjects for this story, e.g. Alan Freeman, who mysteriously ended his Saturday Rock Show very shortly after giving the full title of a certain Sex Pistols LP) and Johnnie Walker, who never hesitated to speak his mind about the Bay City Rollers and M******t T******r.

  Best wishes
  Steve (TK)