Re: The John Cavanagh Tapes – Episode #2

Andrew AndrewThezmore@...
Sat Mar 19 00:46:25 CET 2011

Quiet response so far? I think they're all watching comic relief...

Many thanks John and Ken for this.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> We leap forward just over a year in John's off-air tape collection to discover
 the first of four consecutive, complete shows from the first Festive 50, of 1976! Yes, the one for which no show tapes have previously appeared, anywhere. This was the third night of the countdown and is one of two shows that were specially-extended to two hours (his normal show was just one-hour at the time), and is an absolute cracker, including some classics – Jonathan Richman, Bob Marley, The Who, Little Feat – and, er, somewhat less to John's liking, Genesis's Supper's Ready, complete, and Deep Purple's Child In Time. Plus session repeats from Stretch, Bill Aitken and Racing Cars. I think you're going to like this.