Sunday Show - Procol Harum 14th June 1970 "Juicy John Peel"

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Mar 5 19:12:37 CET 2011

On we go with the unproper stuff.....

This is worth it for the nice dig a fellow Radio 1 DJ's

After one longish one song that did not get air play as a single

"a lot of my colleagues won't play it because they feel that more than 2 1/2 minutes without a feeble quip from them is going to make the world a sadder place"

This is not brilliant quality, but I have tried to make it sound better to my ears, and it is still quite rare I think.

Procol Harum
BBC Radio One
12 live tracks + Peel introductions
rec. 4 June 1970 (broadcast 14 June)

   1     Still There'll Be More
   2     Wish Me Well
   3     About To Die
   4     A Christmas Camel
   5     Your Own Choice
   6     The Devil Came From Kansas
   7     Juicy John Pink
   8     Well, I
   9     Nothing That I didn't Know
   10    A Salty Dog
   11    Whisky Train
   12    Whaling Stories

Gary Brooker (voice & piano)
Chris Copping (bass, Hammond organ)
Robin Trower (guitar, bass, voice)
BJ Wilson (drums)

This has been released as a bootlegged called "Juicy John Peel"

WHERE IS IT??

http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/

DIRECT LINK

http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/1970-06-14%20John%20Peel%20BBC%20In%20Concert%20(Procol%20Harum).mp3