Peely's health

Humphrey thebarguest@...
Thu Jun 30 20:07:18 CEST 2011

I've been reading "The Olivetti Chronicles", a collection of JP's journalism pieces. In an article on the TT races, JP ran about a mile to retrieve recording gear for Andy Kershaw :

"Nature has not, in her wisdom, equipped me for running and I collapsed on the ground upon completion of my errand, the pounding in my chest indicating that my heart had decided it had had enough of me and my foolishness and was planning to go into business on it's own account having seen some likely premises in Rock Ferry."

That was in 1992.