[peel] Keep it Peel 16-12-04

Stuart stuartb@...
Fri Jun 24 19:50:09 CEST 2011

I have a 6 hour show on an old VHS tape, called "Peel Day" a tribute which
was on from 19:00 to 01:00, according to the onscreen dialog. Would that be
a different show?

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
klacktoveedesteen
Sent: 24 June 2011 16:15
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Keep it Peel 16-12-04

Well, it's been an educational morning...

I've upped the show to Megaupload, here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4I83VHJN

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q3PRSSFE

- in two parts. Tracklist (with a few unknowns) at the end of this email.
Interestingly, Ken's book lists a session by Steveless between those by
Graham Coxon & The Wedding Present, which is roughly in the gap between the
two parts. However, the programme was (apparently) 5 hours: segment 1 is
2:42:06 & segment 2 is 2:14:00. So it was either a very short session or the
programme overran somewhat. Any thoughts, anyone?

I'll put the Jarvis Cocker tribute (or part thereof) up on my next day off.

Cheers aye,

Pete

Tracklist as follows:
Part 1
Chameleons - In Shreds
Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Dropout Boogie
PJ Harvey - Horses In My Dreams (live)
Fountain (live)
You Come Through (live)
Nirvana - About A Girl
Cat Power - I Don't Blame You
Public Enemy - Bring The Noise
Belle & Sebastian - Meat And Potatoes (live)
Funny Little Frog (live)
I Took A Long Hard Look (live)
Jawbone - Jack Rabbit
??? (Bobby Friction & Nihal present)
Damon Albarn - Behind The Sun (live)
Strange News From Another Star (live)
The Smiths - Frankly Mr. Shankly
Datblygu - Y Teimlad
Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - Ladyfair (live)
Y Ffordd Oren (live)
Pepe Kalle - Roger Milla
Hefner - The Librarian (live)
Hymn For The Alcohol (live)
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - There She Goes, My Beautiful World
Today Is The Day - In The Eyes Of God
Trencher - Live set
The Two Leslies - Miss Porkington Would Like Cream Puffs
Trencher - Encore (live)
Apparat - Boils
Melys - You Wannit Deep (live)
Treading Water (live)
Chinese Whispers (live)
Benjamin Zephaniah - Wrong Radio
Link Wray - ???
???
Graham Coxon - Just A State Of Mind (live)
You're So Great (live)
The Fall - Hit The North (cut)

Part 2
Amsterdam - Does This Train Stop On Merseyside?
Misty In Roots - Mankind
The Wedding Present - Dare (live)
The Queen Of Outer Space (live)
What Have I Said Now? (live)
Phillip Roebuck - Summons Song
Nina Nastasia - It's A World Of Dirt (live)
Bird Of Cuzco live)
Coldcut - DJ Set
Dreadzone - DJ Set
DJ Fresh - DJ Set
Jon E Cash - DJ Set
Alex Patterson - DJ Set
Hixxy - DJ Set
Dave Clarke - DJ Set
Mike Paradinas, Shitmat & Scotch Egg - DJ Set
Underworld - DJ Set
Die Toten Hosen - ???