400 Box (3 more from 78)

steve saipanda@...
Sun Jun 5 15:59:38 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

Three more our original box of goodies. Many thanks again to all involved.

10 August 1978 (Pop Group session)
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/10_August_1978

12 September 1978 (Prefects, Sean Tyler)
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_September_1978

14 September 1978 (Radio Stars)
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/14_September_1978

Keen Undertones fans may recall the second of these as the first time Peel played Teenage Kicks (according to Ken's book). Alas, we don't seem to have this historic occasion. Similarly, the 14th Sept show was the second time it was played - again, not part of the recording.

But much else to enjoy. I particularly liked some of the reggae tracks, although Peel does appear to be playing some other records he really didn't like. Guess this was before he lost the Friday show and no longer felt he needed to include certain things.

SW