Peel on OMNIBUS oct 78

ken ken_garner@...
Wed Jun 1 12:56:49 CEST 2011

just listening to that new show extract from 6/10/78 and then checking the wiki pages confirmed to me that we have here evidence of a Peel TV appearance not previously documented, as follows:

OMNIBUS
BBC1
9.25pm
Thursday 12 October 1978
THE RECORD MACHINE
Director: Ian Payne
"TV Documentary. A behind the scenes look at the music world, with exclusive film of a playlist being drawn up."
Featuring: UK Subs, Mekons, The Slits, Jim Pursey, Alternative TV, the Desperate Bicycles, Radio 1 Playlist Committee, John Peel

The BFI database has it listed here, but with no copy
http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/327537
it is also listed on some torrent directories of TV shows but this episode does not appear to have been "seeded".

Anyone got a copy?
I will also ask one or two people I know in the BBC to have a ferret around!

ken