Improv Theatr

steve saipanda@...
Sat Jul 23 04:55:15 CEST 2011

Just from a quick google - seems like the venue was on Tottenham Court Road and there were a few gigs there in 1998/1999:

http://www.songkick.com/venues/44683-improv-theatre

(See the Cinerama ticket for Tottenham Court Rd address.)

The PJ Harvey/Bunnymen gig - broadcast by Peel 1 April 1999) seems to have been an early event for the great man's upcoming 60th birthday. Unclear if he was actually there (imagine he was):

http://www.nme.com/reviews/echo-and-the-bunnymen/888

More on the venue itself from a listing for the 1998 opening:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/theatre/article-380735-the-improv.do

Hope this is some help.

Cheers,

SW