400 Box (1 more)

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Wed Jul 20 10:21:07 CEST 2011

page 61 of Numan's biog, 'Praying to the Aliens', reads: "the Radio
one DJ John Peel was very supportive towards Tubeway Army at this
stage. He'd played tracks from the first album and we did a three-
track session for him on 10 January 1979, which he broadcast a week
later."

Although, the first place I heard the band was on Radio Luxembourg,
also from the first album - there was a Sunday evening show I think,
which might have been Stuart Henry. Am betting there are no copies of
these hiss-ridden shows!
Cheers

> 1b. Re: 400 Box (1 more)
>     Posted by: "MARK LUETCHFORD" M.Luetchford@...
> m.luetchford@...
>     Date: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:01 am ((PDT))
>
> Tubeway Army!
>
> Now was Peel responsible for Mr Numan's success? I think we should
> be told.
>
> Mark

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e:
editor@...