[peel] It was 48 years ago tomorrow

Mike Parker parkermike81@...
Mon Jul 11 16:42:49 CEST 2011

thanks to steve [happy birthday] and carsten, i remember this rubher ''johnny peel'' track on one of the best of peel tapes too [still to come] where peel shows his hilarity more[probably the first time he heard it before the bfbs airing] than the mild amusement he shows on this occasion.

--- On Sun, 10/7/11, so_it_goes_2512 <so_it_goes_2512@...> wrote:

From: so_it_goes_2512 <so_it_goes_2512@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [peel] It was 48 years ago tomorrow
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 10 July, 2011, 15:54

Fellow Peelites

Have taken a few minutes out of my riotous pre-birthday celebrations to bring you the very first of Carsten's tapes (can't think why I haven't put this one up before). The great man has just sent me another three discs of BFBS  from Berlin, so I'll be sharing these for a long time to come.

27 May 1995 (BFBS)

JP plays Teenage Kicks, his thinly disguised reason being that an orchestral punk version had just come out (he plays that too). And a lovely story about why he never dances.

Best wishes
Steve (TK)