SL Tapes #4

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Sat Jul 9 01:20:18 CEST 2011

Here's details of my fourth and final rips of Peel material from my first batch of SL tapes. All material in this tranche duplicated shows already out there from other sources.

1. Show date: 8 February 1992
Sessions: Smashing Orange + Krispy 3
Wiki: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/08_February_1992
Section from the second half of the show. I patched in the 1 am news (that had been edited out) from the available full show version from Phil's old server.

2. Show date: 9 February 1992

Sessions: Altern 8 + Terminal Hoedown

Wiki: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/09_February_1992

Section from the first hour of the show. I patched in a missing trailer
for a Genesis concert from the best available source, which here came
from the IAP tapes.

3. Show date: 22 February 1992

Sessions: Loudspeaker + Revolver

Wiki: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_February_1992
Two sections here from a show previously shared in full (more or less). In the interests of completeness I patched in a missing trailer from the full show version. Not sure if it was really worth the effort since the full version is the superior in quality. Still.

4. Show date: 29 February 1992

Sessions: Curve + Red Ninja

Wiki: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_February_1992

Section from the last hour of the show. Previously shared by Colin.

5. Show date: 28 December 1991
Sessions: Various 'best of the year' sessions
Wiki: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/28_December_1991
Two chunks of this show, previously shared. The SL tapes may contain seconds lost in the tape flips of the existing versions (although I've not checked).

All my rips are here:
http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/dr_mango/SL_Tapes/

Still to come are 10 sides of Andy Kershaw recordings. I'll have those up in the next few days. Some good stuff on there, too.

Dr M.