Fun Boy Three

So It Goes 2512 so_it_goes_2512@...
Fri Jan 14 00:57:02 CET 2011

Yes, it is confusing, but here's the original message from Ray, and this should clear this up:

"As regards the date of the recording, there is some confusion because Mark Roman gives the dateline at the beginning of the news as being "Wednesday March 26th", which he then corrects to "25th". In 1967, March 26th was a Sunday, the 25th was a Saturday. Neither were a Wednesday. The very first news item (the most important) was headlined "The Railways". It was all about the British Transport minister, Barbara Castle's decision not to axe as much of the rail network as had previously been planned. Mark reports that she is saving over 3,000 miles of railways from getting the chop. That decision was actually announced in the British House of Commons on Wednesday, March 15th. See:

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1967/mar/15/railway-network-map

I think what happened in the studio (possibly in poor lighting at night) was simply that Mark Roman was struggling to see the date, and he misread the "1" in the date (15th) as a "2"."

Best wishes
Steve (TK)