Nico on Peel request

robfleay70 robfleay@...
Sat Jan 1 22:20:19 CET 2011

A while ago on my blog I posted this request for the 1974 Nico Peel Session (ie the one that WASN'T released on Strange Fruit) and mentioned that several Nico bootlegs include a version of Saeta from another purported Peel Session in the early 1980's - which didn't seem to be listed in Ken's book.

I was therefore sceptical that it existed, but then I received a comment on the blog today from someone saying that the Nico track came as part of a Rip, Rig & Panic session

I thought this was a bit odd - but looked it up in the book and sure enough Nico is credited as doing vocals on track 3 "Pullover No Sox" (not Saeta though..)

Does anyone have the 1981 RR&P session to confirm this? It didn't surface on any of the 400 box tapes as far as I know

Happy new Year all!