[peel] John Ravencroft of England fame

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Sun Feb 27 10:17:46 CET 2011

Hope so.  Yesterday while watching the rugby I also listened to over 3
hours of jingles on
ftp://krxo.serveftp.com/pub/airchecks/KOMA%20airchecks/OLD%20KOMA%20Airchecks
looking for Peel links.

It is unbelievable that a radio station could have had over 3 hours of 5
second jingles (i.e. not records, just canned jingles). It must have
been a feat for a DJ to select and play them pre-digital era. And a
tough job for the female singers (mainly female) to record them, with
for example, 20 similar but different ways of singing "KOMA weather".

There was a surreal moment where one show seemed to be sponsored by an
Oklahoma sewer company, with the jingles explaining the problem of
blocked sewers and how to clear them.  It couldn't have been bettered by
Smashie and Nicey.

I am now listening to
ftp://krxo.serveftp.com/pub/airchecks/KOMA%20airchecks/KOMAFanJamI/KF-J.mp3
and the other aircheck directories

John