1970's In Concert Shows

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Thu Feb 24 00:32:52 CET 2011

Well in case anyone needs any info for these for their records

Name

* In Concert - Moody Blues

Station

* BBC Radio One

YYYY-MM-DD

* 1969-12-17

Audio

File type: MP3
Bit rate: 192 kbps
Sample rate: 44,100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Size: 40.47MB

Introduced by David Symonds

Venue
Paris Theatre

City
London, England

Personnel

   * Justin Hayward – vocals, guitar, sitar
   * John Lodge – vocals, bass
   * Ray Thomas – vocals, flute, tambourine
   * Graeme Edge – drums, percussion
   * Mike Pinder – vocals, Mellotron, organ

Setlist

1 Gypsy (Justin Hayward)
2 Sunset (Mike Pinder)
3 Never Comes the Day (Justin Hayward)
4 Are You Sitting Comfortably (Ray Thomas/Justin Hayward)
5 The Dream (Graeme Edge)
6 Have You Heard Pt. 1/The Voyage/Have You Heard Pt. 2 (Mike Pinder)
7 Nights in White Satin (Justin Hayward)
8 Legend of a Mind (Ray Thomas)

Name

* In Concert - Traffic

Station

* BBC Radio One

YYYY-MM-DD

* 1970-04-30

Audio

File type: MP3
Bit rate: 192 kbps
Sample rate: 44,100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Size: 83.42 MB

Introduced by John Peel

Venue
Paris Theatre
London, UK

01 Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring?
02 Every Mother's Son
03 No Time To Live
04 Medicated Goo
05 John Barleycorn
06 Pearly Queen
07 Stranger To Himself
08 Empty Pages
09 Glad >
10 Freedom Rider

total: 60:46

band members: Steve Winwood, Chris Wood and Jim Capaldi

Name

* In Concert - Led Zeppelin

Station

* BBC Radio One

YYYY-MM-DD

* 1971-04-01

Audio

File type: MP3
Bit rate: 192 kbps
Sample rate: 44,100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Size: 148.22 MB

Introduced by John Peel

Venue
Paris Theatre

City
London, England

Personnel
John Bonham
Jimmy Page
Robert Plant
John Paul Jones

Setlist

1. Immigrant Song
2. Heartbreaker
3. Since I've Been Loving You
4. Out On the Tiles / Black Dog
5. Dazed and Confused
6. Stairway to Heaven
7. Going to California
8. That's the Way
9. What Is and What Should Never Be
10. Whole Lotta Love
11. Thank You
12. Communication Breakdown

This is the full recording of the concert on 1st April 1971 (1hr 48mins)

An edited one hour version of this was broadcast on 4th April 1971

Some of this concert  is on disk 2 of this official CD collection at

http://www.thebox.bz/details.php?id=67927
or
http://www.thebox.bz/details.php?id=67854

Notes

After an introduction of the band, they start with "Immigrant Song" which leads nicely  "Heartbreaker."

"Since I've Been Loving You" is next, followed by a new one by the name of "Black Dog" which has a "Out on the Tiles" intro.

"Dazed and Confused" follows for 18:36. Then another new song is played, this one called "Stairway to Heaven." It starts off slow and then goes into a loud frenzy.

A quiet acoustic number called "Going to California" follows, then "That's the Way" with Plant on tambourine.

They go into "What is and What Should Never Be," then "Whole Lotta Love" is next, and goes on to include many classic blues songs. "Boogie Chillen," "Truckin' Little Mama," "Fixin' to Die," "That's Alright," "For What it's Worth," "A Mess of Blues," "Honey Bee," and "The Lemon Song" are among the numbers ventured into during the medley.

If you never heard this 22:40 Whole Lotta Love the here it is

Name

* In Concert - Hawkwind

Station

* BBC Radio One

YYYY-MM-DD

* 1972-10-14

Audio

File type: MP3
Bit rate: 192 kbps
Sample rate: 44,100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Size: 82.08 MB

Introduced by Andy Dunkley

Track listing

"Countdown"  (Dunkley)
"Born To Go" (Calvert/Brock)
"Black Corridor"  (Moorcock)
"Seven By Seven" (Brock)
"Brainstorm" (Turner)
"Electronic No 1"  (Dik Mik/Dettmar)
"Master Of The Universe" (Turner/Brock)
"Paranoia" (Hawkwind)
"Earth Calling"  (Calvert)
"Silver Machine" (Calvert/Brock)
"Welcome To The Future" (Calvert)
"Credits"  (Dunkley)

Personnel

   * Dave Brock - guitar, vocals
   * Nik Turner - saxophone, flute, vocals
   * Lemmy - bass guitar, vocals
   * Dik Mik Davies - Synthesizer
   * Del Dettmar - Synthesizer
   * Simon King - drums
   * Stacia - Announcements

Credits

   * Recorded: 28 September 1972, Paris Theatre, London
   * Broadcast: 14 October 1972, BBC Radio 1 In Concert
   * Producer: Jeff Griffin
   * Engineer: Chris Lycett

Mike Oldfield and Friends
Live from the Queen Elizabeth Concert Hall
London England
June 25, 1973

1. Show Introduction
2. Tubular Bells Part One
3. BBC Announcer
4. Tubular Bells Part Two
5. The Sailor's Hornpipe
6. BBC Announcer
Running Time: 56 minutes 31 seconds

Lineup:

Master of Cerimonies - Vivian Stanshall

Tubular Bells Part One:
Mike Oldfield - Lowery Organ, Bass, acoustic and electric Guitarand mandolin
David Bedford - Grand Piano, Accordian, Organ, Choir Master, String Arrangement
John Greaves - Farfisa Organ, Electric Piano, Tin Whistle
Fred Frith - Electric and Bass Guitars
Tim Hodginson - Organ, Electric Piano,Fender Rhodes
Mick Taylor - Electric Guitar
Steve Hillage - Electric Guitar
Pierre Morlen - Glockenspiel, Timpani, Tubular Bells, Gongs, Cymbals, Tam Tam
Steve Broughton - Drums
John Leig - Flute
John Field - Flute
Terry Oldfield - Flute
Tom Newman - Nasal Chorus
Girly Chorus (12 total Including; Sally Oldfield and Mundy Ellis)

Tubular Bells Part two and the Sailor's Hornpipe:
Ted Speight - Electric Guitar
Kevin Ayers - Bass
Vulpy - Viola
Nick Haley - Violin
Ashley Mason - Viola
Simon Ingram Hill - Cello and Organ
Janet Townley - Violin

Name

  * In Concert - Deep Purple

Station

  * BBC Radio One

YYYY-MM-DD

  * 1974-07-06

Audio

File type: MP3
Bit rate: 192 kbps
Sample rate: 44.100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Size: 130.47 MB

Venue

Gaumont State Kilburn, recorded 22 May 1974

Introduced by Mike Harding

Back on home turf for the first time with their new singer and bassist, Deep Purple had a lot to prove in 1974. Bringing a brand new set based around their new album, the group played one of their longest UK tours ever with three different shows in London, where this recording, from the Gaumont State in Kilburn was broadcast.

This was a specially extended 90 minute version of the Saturday In Concert show

1. Burn
2. Might Just Take Your Life
3. Lay Down, Stay Down
4. Mistreated
5. Smoke On The Water
6. You Fool No One
7. Space Trucking

Line Up

Ritchie Blackmore, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, Jon Lord, Ian Paice

Name

 * In Concert - Genesis

Station

 * BBC Radio One

YYYY-MM-DD

 * 1975-07-12

Audio

File type: MP3
Bit rate: 192 kbps
Sample rate: 44.100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Size: 95.03 MB

Venue

Empire Pool Wembley, recorded 15 April 1975

01 - Watcher of the skies
02 - Cuckoo cocoon
03 - In the Cage
04 - The grand parade of Lifeless Packaging
05 - Back in NYC
06 - Hairless Heart
07 - Counting out time.
08 - The Carpet Crawlers.
09 - The Waiting Room (Evil Jam).
10 - Anyway
11 - Silent Sorrow in empty boats
12 - The colony of slippermen
13 - Ravine.
14 - The light dies down on broadway
15 - Riding the scree

Line Up

   *  Peter Gabriel (lead vocals, flute, percussion)
   * Tony Banks (keyboards, 12-string guitar, backing vocals)
   * Mike Rutherford (bass, guitars, backing vocals)
   * Phil Collins (drums, backing vocals)
   * Steve Hackett (guitars)

Feature music from the album "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"

The album tells the surreal and dreamlike story of a Puerto Rican juvenile delinquent named Rael living in New York City, who ventures into an underground realm filled with bizarre creatures and nightmarish dangers in order to rescue his brother John. The individual songs make satirical allusions to everything from mythology to the sexual revolution to advertising and consumerism. The title track, as well as "Carpet Crawlers" and "In the Cage", became live favorites for the band even into the 1990s.

Most of the music on the album was written by band members Tony Banks, Phil Collins, Steve Hackett, and Mike Rutherford, without Gabriel's participation. Gabriel insisted on writing the story and all the lyrics himself, which caused friction. Gabriel's absenteeism from the album's writing and rehearsal sessions due to personal problems ( his wife was having difficulties with her first pregnancy ) added to the strain.

The Lamb was released to mixed reviews, and the band went on a world tour, performing the album in its entirety at more than 102 dates. As the tour wound to a close, Gabriel announced he was leaving Genesis.

Name

* In Concert - Steve Hillage

Station

* BBC Radio One

YYYY-MM-DD

* 1976-12-11

Audio

File type: MP3
Bit rate: 192 kbps
Sample rate: 44.100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Size: 53.17 MB

Ripped from my 35 year old cheapo cassette, and cleaned up a bit.

Introduced by Pete Drummond

Line Up

Steve Hillage (guitar, vocals)
Clive Bunker (drums)
Colin Bass (bass)
Christian Boulé (guitar)
Phil Hodges (keyboards)
Basil Brooks (synthesiser)
Miquette Giraudy (synthesiser, vocals)

1. Salmon Song
2. Hurdy Gurdy Glissando
3. Echo Improvisation
4. It's All Too Much

Name

* In Concert - Jethro Tull

Station

* BBC Radio One

YYYY-MM-DD

* 1977-02-19

Audio

File type: MP3
Bit rate: 192 kbps
Sample rate: 44.100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Size: 81.26 MB

Introduced by Bob Harris

Recorded on the 10th February 1977 at the  London Hippodrome

Tracks

Intro
Skating Away
Jack In The Green
Thick As A Brick
Songs From The Wood
Velvet Green
Hunting Girl
Aqualung
Wind Up
Locomotive Breath.
Land Of Hope And Glory Medley
Wind Up Reprise.

This is a recording from the radio transmission.

XTC

Recorded for Sight and Sound In Concert at The Hippodrome, London, 9 March 1978. First transmitted 25 March 1978 on BBC 2 TV and BBC Radio 1. BBC producer: Jeff Griffin.

Starts and ends with presenter Pete Drummond's intro and outro

1 Radios in Motion 03:21 Andy Partridge

2 Cross Wires 02:06 Colin Moulding

3 Statue of Liberty 02:58 Andy Partridge

4 I'll Set Myself on Fire 03:28	Colin Moulding

5 New Town Animal in a Furnished Cage 01:55 Andy Partridge

6 All Along the Watchtower 05:58 Bob Dylan

7 This Is Pop 02:37 Andy Partridge

8 Dance Band  02:49 Colin Moulding

9 Neon Shuffle 04:33 Andy Partridge

phew....