[peel] Re: 7 Aug 1985 (Pete Drummond)

Michael Capewell mickcapewell@...
Sat Dec 31 15:31:40 CET 2011

Here's one of those Drummond 'Album' shows from Dec 1970. It seemed to me that Pete couldn't decide whether he wanted to be Bob Harris or Ed Stewart when it came to presentation style...so he ended up being the worst of both. Mind you it can't have helped his ego when he went from being the 'blue eyed boy' in the final months of Big L, to some way down the pecking order within weeks of the launch of Radio 1.
Anyway...here it is:

https://rapidshare.com/files/140608107/BBC-Radio1-19701206-2000-2100-PeteDrummond.rar

Cheers
Mick C

________________________________
From: Colin <colin_ellis@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 31 December 2011, 13:46
Subject: [peel] Re: 7 Aug 1985 (Pete Drummond)

'Tis still the season of goodwill and all that, so before we think about consigning poor Pete to Room 101, it's worth recalling that he did do some enjoyable all-record shows for the BBC in 1969, with playlists not too dissimilar to Peel's shows of the era. As I recall from hearing them at the time, Pete kept his Smashie and Nicey tendencies under control, so the shows could still be interesting listening for those interested in the late '60s - if there are any recordings in circulation.

Happy New Year to all...