steve saipanda@...
Thu Dec 29 02:35:55 CET 2011

Good call, Lorcan! Thanks for clearing that one up.

The previous Wed, when Drummond sat in for Peel, was 7 Aug 1985, when there was indeed a one-day strike at the BBC over the "Real Lives" programme:

http://www.tvfeatures.thetvroomplus.com/feature-53.html
http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/othelem/media/moloney.htm

Cheers,

SW