Christmas gift from Tom in Atlanta

Tom Roche troche2255@...
Sat Dec 24 17:27:47 CET 2011

Another year ends my Peel-List friends... I felt it was time to give back something and had an idea...

While attending SXSW 2011 in March, I grabbed/scarfed/stole every sampler CD available from every label and Cultural Affairs Bureau of every nation represented that week in Austin. I came back to ATL with about 3 dozen discs, and for the rest of the year listened to them all. Scotland, Japan, Montréal, Berlin, Barcelona… there is surprisingly great music everywhere circa 2011.

I chose the best of the best, sort of pretending these would be the tracks that our John might have liked.... and I uploaded a playlist at (265k AAC) using the "genre" column to ID the country/city of origin.

You can download these 111 tracks - 7 hours, 900mb, of fresh new music - through January 2012, here:

http://tinyurl.com/sxswsamplers

There's a smaller, 30 track download at

http://tinyurl.com/sxswsamplers2

if you only want to start with 30 good tracks.

The big file seems to takes plus/minus 30 minutes to download. I feel there are no copyright pitfalls here as all the tracks are from not-for-sale giveaways, intended to promote these specific tracks anyway.

Links are valid for 4 weeks and feel free to share them.

Happy holi-daze!

Tom In Atlanta