OT: Christmas with the Captain

jake jklm@...
Fri Dec 16 21:32:55 CET 2011

I'm a huge Beefheart fan so I'll definitely give this a listen - and thanks for reminding me that it's the anniversary of his death tomorrow.

On Friday 17th December last year I went out to see a showing of one of my favourite films - "The Big Lebowski" - at the Cornerhouse cinema in Manchester. The film features one of my favourite Captain Beefheart tracks - "Her eyes are a blue million miles" - which prompted me to put on the "Clear spot" album when I got home, as I hadn't listened to any Beefheart for ages.

Then when I woke up the next day there was a text message on my phone saying: "Captain Beefheart died last night"....

RIP