[peel] Re: 17 March 1983

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Sat Dec 10 12:13:18 CET 2011

>> The very splendid John Cooper Clarke did a couple of fine Peel
>> sessions, still gigs regularly, and occasionally guests as a dj on
>> 6Music. He's been more or less adopted as a mascot by Radcliffe &
>> Maconie too. A national treasure, and one of the few men alive who's
>> skinnier than Jarvis Cocker.

Saw JCC just last month, an ever-rambly review can be found here: http://www.isthismusic.com/john-cooper-clarke

I missed a bit of this thread but assume we're listing poets that have
done sessions for Peel... Linton Kwesi Johnson was on the bill with
JCC, first time I ever saw him (sometimes in the 1980s in Strathclyde
Uni).
Attila the Stockbroker was also mentioned I think, saw him with John
Otway in some sort of poetry double header at the Edinburgh Festival
(Otway wasn't strictly a poet, and more Richard Skinner show, but he
did finish well up in the UK top 10 for song lyrics a few years back
for 'Beware of the Flowers').
Stuart Mchugh

po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e: editor@...