1975 mystery tracks challenge

steve saipanda@...
Sun Dec 4 19:24:45 CET 2011

Many thanks to Darren for the link to his In Concert info. Will look to add to the wiki in the next day or two.

In the meantime - before I go to bed - something I've been working on with Colin (of this parish) the past few days are the previously unlisted Decktician's Reels.

For more details, see:
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Decktician_Reels

As you may recall, Decktician has shared a big bunch of tracklistings with us from the early 70s, via Ken and the wiki, and has also put his old Peel reel to reels up for digitising, c/o Rocker.

The first three of these - transferred and shared by Roger - yielded one 1974 Rock Week extract (the only one in circulation, I believe), featuring a Mick Ronson interview.

But the remaining sections have not been catalogued and have been a bit of a mystery, as there's only the odd word from Peel for clues. Anyway, me and Colin have had a crack at trying to work out what the tracks are - and the results are now there to be seen on the wiki, via the link above (tapes 5a, 11 and 12).

Seems like most (all?) of the material is from 1975, but there is still a fair number of gaps - which is where I would like to ask people for help to ID some of the mystery tracks, which should help narrow down the show dates.

Seems like at least some of the shows are from March/July (from the session tracks). Hopefully more will be revealed....

Please feel free to get in touch with off-list, add suggestions to the relevant pages (use the edit button, don't worry about the format).

Cheers,

Steve W