New 400 Box show - 25th January 1979

Stuart stuartb@...
Mon Aug 29 23:40:26 CEST 2011

Previously given up as a duff tape, I've managed to yank it through my
Nak and now we have almost the first hour of this show.

This show is notable for being the earliest recording of a Peel show
featuring Joy Division, though according to the Wiki, tracks from An
Ideal For Living were played in March 1978. The backdrop is a very snowy
night in a cold winter, and Peel's bemusement of the sale of Trevor
Francis for £900k. What must Dalglish be worth, he ponders.

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_January_1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_January_1979>

Stuart